This four-week, instructor-led online class is intended to help newer editors interested in building their client base of author clients. These may be indie authors who are interested in self-publishing, or authors who are looking for help as they navigate the traditional publishing landscape.
We’ll work on:
- where to find author clients
- showcasing your special skills and talents
- steps in the client-acquisition process
- how to establish trust with potential clients
- vetting potential clients
- identifying red flags
- effective client management/setting expectations
- dealing with problem clients
- evaluating client interactions
- assessing why you didn’t land a client
- understanding the client’s experience
- and more!
Throughout the class, you’ll do homework assignments (with personal feedback) that will help you understand the best ways for you to establish (or strengthen) your author clientele.