Writing and Editing Nonfiction Book Proposals (May 15 – June 11, 2023)
$275. How to write and edit nonfiction book proposals. Four weeks, instructor-led.
Nonfiction book authors need to write a book proposal if they’re seeking traditional publication. Authors who are independently publishing are also well-advised to go through the proposal process as it will help them refine their idea, make it stand out from the competition, and work out their marketing plan ahead of time.
This class is designed to help you help nonfiction book authors write successful book proposals. It will also help you learn to write a book proposal yourself, as this can be a very lucrative service.
This class will help you:
- refine your/your author’s book idea to make sure it’s salable
- hook an editor with the book description
- develop an irresistible outline
- create the kind of platform agents and editors want to see
- develop promotion and marketing ideas for the book
- size up the competition and make the book different – and better
As with all Club Ed instructor-led classes, this one includes weekly assignments with instructor feedback and interaction on the forums, but it does not require you to be in a particular place at a particular time.