- If you’ve never seen a developmental edit, start with Naked Editing.
- Then, take Beginning Developmental Editing of Fiction and Intermediate Developmental Editing of Fiction.
- Next, dig into Editing for World-Building and Setting, Editing for Plot and Story Structure, and Editing for Character Development.
- Explore genres you may be interested in editing with Explorations: Editing Literary Fiction; Explorations: Editing Memoir; and Explorations: Editing Science Fiction and Fantasy.
- Continue with classes that can help you build your business: Getting Editorial Work from Book Publishers and Packagers and Editorial Toolkit: Coaching Writers.
- Finish with Advanced Developmental Editing where you will edit a full manuscript under the supervision of an experienced editing instructor.
All current sessions of instructor-led classes can be found here.
You can round out your instructor-led classes with self-paced options.