This self-paced, four-lesson class covers the ABCs of the practice of developmental editing of fiction:
- understanding the developmental editor’s role
- how developmental editing differs from other types of editing and feedback
- questions to ask when developmental editing
- the mechanics of developmental editing
- basics of writing editorial queries
- working with authors at different experience levels
- understanding the revision process
- and more!
This class includes exercises designed to help practice basic developmental editing skills.