Club Ed readers have overwhelmingly asked for more instructor-led classes, so 2021 will include a whole bunch of offerings. The catalog through May 2021 has been added here and you can also see it below.
Instructor-led classes for new and aspiring developmental editors
Instructor-led classes are held within a specified time period. They feature weekly assignments to practice your skills and individual instructor feedback on your work. All course materials are accessed from the online classroom.
Online discussions allow you and your fellow students to ask the instructor questions and to toss around ideas. These discussions are held asynchronously (read and post as you have availability); you do not need to be anywhere at any particular time in order to participate, although assignments will need to be submitted by the deadlines provided in the course materials.
- NEW! Naked Editing: A Performance (Jan 4 -31, 2021) $50
- NEW! Kickstart Your Editing Business, 2021 Edition (Jan 11 – Feb 7, 2021) $249
- Getting Editorial Work from Book Publishers/Packagers (Feb 8 – Mar 7, 2021) $199
- NEW! Editing for World-Building and Setting (Mar 8 – Apr 4, 2021) $199
- NEW! Mini-class: Show versus Tell (Mar 17 – 30, 2021) $79
- Beginning Developmental Editing for Fiction (Apr 5 – May 2, 2021) $199
- NEW! Editing for Character Development (Apr 7 – May 4, 2021) $199
- Intermediate Developmental Editing for Fiction (May 10 – Jun 6, 2021) $199
- NEW! Editing for Plot and Story Structure (May 12 – Jun 8, 2021) $199
- Developmental Editing Practicum (review of your edit, start any time, cost varies)
If you have any questions about any of the classes, please email the Resort Director: ResortDirector@ClubEdFreelancers.com